Opinion Piece On Air America Stirs Nasty Responses

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Fri May 7 01:20:29 EDT 2004

On 6 May 2004 at 13:19, Bill O'Neill wrote:

> The name, Air America, is woefully flawed - "America"
> for whatever reason, simply feels like a conservative branding. I don't
> know why, but that's what my gut tells me.

That's because various conservative groups have been appropriating patriotism for
themselves.  Things like the House Un-American Activities Committee, which was itself an
un-American activity.  And liberals have allowed them to do it, and in the Vietnam era
actually put down patriotism.  I think liberals can be just as aggressively patriotic as
conservitives, and I think it's about time they were.