Almost on topic....just turn down the contrast andbrightness and listen...

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Wed Mar 24 17:18:45 EST 2004

--

--------- Original Message --------->DATE: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:00:42
>From: Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com>
>To: Ron Bello <RBello@belloassoc.com>, >RogerKola@aol.com,boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org

>At 09:47 PM 3/23/2004 -0500, Ron Bello wrote:
>>Neat site.
>>
>>One odd thing......
>>Based on my home location in Natick,
>>WSBK has a compass orientation of
>>80 degrees while WSBK-DT is 72 degrees.
>>Their antennas are on the same tower.
>
>No, they're not! WSBK 38 is on the candelabra tower behind the Sheraton in
>Needham. WSBK-DT 39 is on the WBZ-TV tower across 128 on Cedar Street in
>Needham.
>
>WLVI-DT and WFXT-DT are on the candelabra.

I too noticed an anomaly:  channel 48 analog WYDN-TV channel 48
is shown as being about 50 miles from Methuen;
WYND-DTV about half that...is their DTV assignment
closer to Boston?