.Re: So where does this put "Howard Stern via Satellite"?

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@programmer.net
Wed Mar 24 09:25:21 EST 2004

Scott Fybush wrote,

> Second - and this should answer the Stern question - because
> the satellite signal is encrypted and is made available only
> to subscribers who specifically request it and pay for it, the
> content regulations that affect (I almost typed "afflict," and
> should have) terrestrial broadcasters don't apply here, and
> there would be an interesting court case if Congress tried to
> extend the FCC's content oversight to this area (and to pay
> cable, too).

Radio.About.Com has a nice take on the whole debacle:

© If you read the Communication Act of 1934 closely, one
© could argue the Federal Communications Commission
© is breaking the law, or at least the spirit of the law, in
© it's approach to the recent controversy over indecency
© on the radio. Read more.

          http://radio.about.com/cs/latestradionews/a/aa032204a.htm

     ~Kaimbridge~

-----