Anti-satellite radio ad

Damon Cassell radiofreak@4motion.org
Thu Mar 18 09:27:44 EST 2004

I haven't heard any of these commercials, primarily because as soon as a
station goes to break I nail the channel button (steering wheel
audio controls are great!) and move on to something not playing a
commercial. And not surprisingly, I plan on installing XM in my car this
weekend (the auxiliary input adapter for my sound system arrives today).

I find it amusing that the radio industry would believe for a second that
people are dumb or naive enough to buy into their anti-satellite
propaganda, especially considering how XM and Sirius have received
excellent, even rave reviews in print media and subscribers seem
overwhelmingly enthusiastic. Then again, considering how the radio
industry treats their listeners with total contempt, this isn't much of a
surprise.

My father, who is not a radio listener at all, recently rented a Ford
Explorer in Florida. It had Sirius installed and activated. As soon as he
returned he brought his own truck in to Tweeter and had it installed. He
loved it that much. Terrestrial radio doesn't have a product that
compelling and people know this.

Damon

--

     Damon Cassell