Bow to Stern

tony schinella radiotony@comcast.net
Sat Mar 6 18:10:11 EST 2004

I would get satellite radio if I didn't have such
a great CD [and slowly, album burned to CD]
collection. I think it is a pretty neat technology
even if it is subscription-based. Since I spend
three hours or more a day in my car, the radio
gets real boring, real fast.

However, can they really regulate what goes out on
the satellite and cable? So long as there is a
disclaimer. I recall that HBO used to not run
R-rated movies until after 8 p.m. I don't know
when that rule went out the door. But before we
got rid of it, there was R-rated stuff on all day
long.

As an aside, did anyone see the NYT story about
teen pregnancy rates being the lowest it has been
since they have documented it? Sure, I think it is
easy to say the country has some serious "moral"
problems none of which have anything to do with
Janet flashing boob. But, this is a pretty good
sign, isn't it?

Best,
Tony Schinella
radiotony@comcast.net