BBC (was:Re: "Savvy Traveler" Waves Goodbye)

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Fri Mar 5 10:40:30 EST 2004

At 10:28 AM -0500 3/5/04, Damon Cassell wrote:

>But you could have XM in your car and hear the World Service unedited,
>unsanitized. I agree that the WS news tends to be dry but they do have
>excellent documentary and special features. The World Service can be
>erratic and frustrating but often brilliant, and I actually still
>listen to the shortwave signal directed at the Caribbean, which is
>quite listenable here in New England.

Unedited?   I believe the version of the BBC that we get on XM,
Sirius, and PRI, as well as on the Internet, is a version edited for
North American listeners, and is a different feed from what they get
in other parts of the world.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH