"Savvy Traveler" Waves Goodbye

Damon Cassell radiofreak@4motion.org
Fri Mar 5 10:28:25 EST 2004

> > They'll probably fill the hour with yet one more hour of stuffy, dry as
> > dust, BBC news. Can't people get the BBC on the Internet? Do we have to
> > have it on the radio?
>
> I can't listen to the Internet in my car.  And since they don't broadcast shortwave to North
> America any more, this is how we hear them.

But you could have XM in your car and hear the World Service unedited,
unsanitized. I agree that the WS news tends to be dry but they do have
excellent documentary and special features. The World Service can be
erratic and frustrating but often brilliant, and I actually still
listen to the shortwave signal directed at the Caribbean, which is
quite listenable here in New England.

--

     Damon Cassell
     Marblehead MA