WBOQ's old format appears to have been resurrected--in St Louis

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Fri Jan 9 09:40:37 EST 2004

Dan Strassberg wrote:
>I contend that time buyers insist that a format be recognizable before
>making buys on any station that runs it. If time buyers become comfortable
>with this format--and the demgraphics prove my assertion that this mix of
>music and artists is NOT just for people with one foot (or both feet) in the
>grave--could Boston yet see a revival of such classy programming? I hope
>so...but it probably wouldn't be wise for me to hold my breath, especially
>in view of the large number of idiotioc comments my postings on this topic
>drew from members of this list after WBOQ's flip.

Good thing we're not bitter, eh Dan?  :-/

I think this format will have to stand in line with Real Oldies and other
rather tightly niched formats aimed at a 45+ audience.  Some may succeed,
some won't.  My guess is that time buyers are less concerned with
"recognizable" formats as they are with a respectable Arbitron showing in a
marketable demo.