850 Transmitter Site

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Mon Jan 5 11:07:50 EST 2004

Have you guys at WEEI ever tried to have the FCC look into whether WYLF
in Penn Yan, NY is really just running 45 watts at night? Here in
Hanson, I'll often hear WYLF behind WEEI at night. I know other people
across the northeast that are just as far from Penn Yan as I am have had
the same problem.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf
Of Sid Schweiger
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 10:46 AM
To: bri@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: 850 Transmitter Site

>>Just curious, with 850 in Laval, Quebec silent now for 4 years any
hope of improving the signal to the NW. I am really tired of hearing Pan
Yan, NY instead of the Sox.<<

Doubtful.  While Canada is gradually silencing their AM's, they are not
giving up the allocations, and the frequencies are still "notified" to
the FCC as being active, meaning that by treaty they must be taken into
account when calculating directional patterns.

Sid Schweiger
MIS Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI - WQSX - WRKO - WVEI
20 Guest St / 3d Floor