Car radios

Sven Franklyn Weil sven@gordsven.com
Fri Jan 2 12:44:29 EST 2004

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, SteveOrdinetz wrote:
> ridiculously complication.  I had an opportunity to see the new VW with the
> unpronouncable name...the controls for the radio, as well as climate
> controls and I think some other functions, too are incorporated into a

I've seen that in the Lexus 4x4 trucks also.  Heater and radio controls
are all on one back-lit LCD screen.

Pray the radio never burns out.....otherwise how do you replace it with
the usual aftermarket $20 AM/FM tape player thing from a catalog?

Rip out the radio part of the panel with a knife and screwdriver and just
stick the other thing in there?

--
Sven