Car radios

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Fri Jan 2 12:40:48 EST 2004

Scott Fybush wrote:

>The Jetta radio is also mercifully devoid of little teeny buttons. There
>are six BIG buttons under the radio display for presets (two sets for each
>band, 24 total), four BIG buttons on the left to select AM, FM, tape or CD

Enjoy it while you can...things are taking another step towards
ridiculously complication.  I had an opportunity to see the new VW with the
unpronouncable name...the controls for the radio, as well as climate
controls and I think some other functions, too are incorporated into a
screen with menu options.  It didn't appear possible to do much of anything
without taking your attention away from your driving for way too
long.  Clearly, like many car manufacturers, they're marketing it toward
20somethings who thrive on high tech gadgets, functionality be damned.

Geezer mode off.