Fw: Bubba dumped by Clear Channel

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Fri Feb 27 07:27:03 EST 2004

> I would think Sirius would have a better chance of landing him, though,
> should he find himself blacklisted by broadcast radio. XM is quite
> frugal, while Sirius, as shown by its recent deal with the NFL, is not
> afraid to spend money it doesn't yet have on big-ticket programming.

The problem is that Sirius doesn't have the money to spend. Neither XM or
Sirius are in positive cash flow mode yet and Sirius doesn't yet have the
customer base that XM has (last time I looked XM was about 8:1 over Sirius).
The other complication is that Clear Channel is a major investor in XM.

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St. - Ste 4
Peabody, MA  01960-5626 USA
Sales: (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
Bus Ofc +1-978-538-7575/Business Ofc Fax +1-978-538-7550
www.cssinc.com