More FMs for Albany

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Wed Feb 25 07:58:10 EST 2004

> Hi Matt!
>
> I think the battle will be more with WTRY than with WKLI. Unlike the
> Rochester "Legends" on 990, isn't Albany's "Legends" more of a "Real
> Oldies" 50s-60s pop format? I suspect that, if anything, we'll see the
> oldies on WPTR-FM get a little newer (i.e., late 60s-70s).

Actually, it's a very diverse format from that era combining both
harder rocx'n'roll oldies than you hear on most adult standards
stations with a lot of MOR pop. I guess it's like pop stations
back in the day that played anything that was high on the charts.

I've heard incongruous segues like Little Richard into Doris Day...

Eli Polonsky