Wan Sun

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun Dec 5 14:01:22 EST 2004

At 01:12 PM 12/5/2004 -0500, Laurence Glavin wrote:
>These days, the sun is as ineffective as it gets with regard
>to suppressing skywave.  It's not unusual to get distant
>signals well after sunrise.  That happened today (12/05) as
>I was listening to LTAR from about 25 miles away.  The Toronto
>station at 740 was very audible under Bob, and I know it was
>that outlet and not another from the recordings they played
>("Standing on the corner, watching all the girls go by"!)
>I didn't scan the dial to see if Rochester, NY's 1180 or
>Philly's 1210 were coming in...they're the most likely pickup
>when this happeans.  I wonder if people in central RI
>were getting WHAM and WCNX, even fairly close to the 1180 there.

I had WCRN here in Rochester about 4 PM yesterday, and I'm getting a darn
fine WBZ signal right now at 2 PM - no mistaking Mike Coleman voicing a
spot for Burk, 410 Beacon Street, Chelsea :-)

(Conditions yesterday favored the south and west a bit more than the east -
at 4:00 I had WWGB Indian Head MD with Spanish religion instead of the
FIFTY THOUSAND WATT crankin' voice of NEWS RADIO...)