Wan Sun

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sun Dec 5 13:12:22 EST 2004

These days, the sun is as ineffective as it gets with regard
to suppressing skywave.  It's not unusual to get distant
signals well after sunrise.  That happened today (12/05) as
I was listening to LTAR from about 25 miles away.  The Toronto
station at 740 was very audible under Bob, and I know it was
that outlet and not another from the recordings they played
("Standing on the corner, watching all the girls go by"!)
I didn't scan the dial to see if Rochester, NY's 1180 or
Philly's 1210 were coming in...they're the most likely pickup
when this happeans.  I wonder if people in central RI
were getting WHAM and WCNX, even fairly close to the 1180 there.