A memory of Julia Child

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Sat Aug 14 07:30:44 EDT 2004

 She took the fear
> out of cooking
> for many people and led the way for all the other cooking
> shows that we so
> enjoy today.
>
> Bon Apetit Julia and rest in peace.
>
> -gary francis

Remember the wayback SNL parodies on Julia.  I think Dan Ackroyd.  In a move
gone horribly wrong, she (Ackroyd) would calmly talk though the recipe while
blood gushes like a garden hose from one former body part or another.  I recall
hearing that Julia was quite taken with the parodies, reaffirming her wonderful
sense of humor and her humility.  I always felt that by demythologizing fine
cuisine, Julia was "cracking the code" privately held by fancy-pants for
generations.

Bill O'Neill