Nassau's flip/ Frank & the Bone

Sid Whitaker sid.whitaker@unh.edu
Fri Apr 16 14:44:44 EDT 2004

As Jeremy mentions, the interesting question is: can three rimshot stations that
have never been significant players in Portland unseat WBLM and WMGX---two
Portland stations that have dominated the market for decades? And what will it
take to do it? Old habits die hard, and IMHO, for many listeners around here,
BLM and MGX are habitual choices: rarely questioned, almost never
second-guessed. The 107.5 signal certainly covers the market, but unlike BLM
and MGX, I don't think I've ever seen 107.5 on a car preset around here, or
heard it an office.

I've noticed that Nassau has started running TV ads for "Frank" on WMTW, but my
guess is it will take nothing short of a tidal wave of marketing and promotion
just to clue people in to the existence of these stations, and something
approaching a miracle to pull them away from BLM and MGX in sizeable numbers.
We'll see.

Sid Whitaker

Quoting Jeremy Mixer <mixer@zoso.net>