Nassau's flip/ Frank & the Bone

Jeremy Mixer mixer@zoso.net
Fri Apr 16 15:31:03 EDT 2004

After a lot of listening to both the Bone and Frank-FM, it sounds to me
almost like they took WBLM's format and split it into two. The lighter
stuff is on Frank, while the more heavy rock is on the Bone. The newest
music I have heard on the Bone was "Fly Away" by Lenny Kravits which came
out around 1998 or 1999. The big difference is that they really are not
playing anything new, not even the new Cheap Trick, Aerosmith, Clapton,
etc. Frank is alnmost on a level between the formats of WBLM and WMGX, but
closer to the WBLM format then that of WMGX.

It will be interesting to see the impacts this makes in the Arbs- and it
will also be interesting to see how this station chooses to compete with a
station like WBLM which has had a reputation for as long as it has.

The following are examples of liners I have heard on the bone:

"We surveyed tons of males in the Portland area and asked them what they
wanted out of a radio station in Portland. They told us to f*** off. So we
decided to give you a REAL classic rock radio station that only plays REAL
classic rock, unlike those candy-asses at BLM. Mama's boys...."

"The blimp? It's more like a limp **** (use your imagination, whatever was
bleeped out, there are many things you could put there)

It is coming across like it is going to be a station with attitude, aiming
for the younger WBLM listeners who want more Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, etc,
and less Fleetwood Mac, Marshall Tucker, etc.

Jeremy