Could Wang Labs Come Back?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Wed Apr 14 17:08:44 EDT 2004

Cc: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org

>On 13 Apr 2004 at 16:57, Laurence Glavin wrote:
>
>> Amazing.  Allaccess.com says sales of radio delay systems
>> are skyrocketing!  This may be the time to resurrect the
>> Wang Time Tunnel(tm)!  Does anybody know how to contact Fred?
>
>OK, I'll bite.  What's the Wang Time Tunnel (tm)?
>
>--
>A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                           617.367.0468
> 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 lawyer@attorneyross.com
>Boston, MA 02108-2503           	         http://www.attorneyross.com

I believe some people here once derived a paycheck from
Wang Laboratories, a now essentially defunct computer
and software company, remembered solely for a gargantuan
performance space in the theahtah district of Boston.
Ok, going back to even before the towers on Industrial Ave were
built, Wang offered dedicated WP devices, desktop calculators,
and something called the Time Tunnel.  It was designed
to take the input of a radio station running a talk show, store
it in something akin to random access memory, then 7 seconds later,
retrieve it and send it on to the line.  The selling
point: no moving parts!  I was told that WBZ-AM used one,
but after some other product lines took off, like the VS
minicomputer, the Doctor's attention was diverted
elsewhere, and production of the TT was squelched.