Nassau comes to town

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Tue Apr 6 19:59:43 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Igo" <chuckigo@maine.rr.com>
To: "'Dan Billings'" <billings@suscom-maine.net>
Cc: "'Boston Radio'" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 6:31 PM
Subject: RE: Nassau comes to town

>Hot buzz is Classic Hits
> at 107.5,

I have also heard rumors of classic rock, which Nassau does elsewhere.

>and the new Air America Network on 870.

What's that?

> longtime 99.9 voice Chris Lane.  Hopefully Nassau has found a spot for
> those two.  If not, I hope that one of the other market stations will
> make use their seasoned, honed talents.

Don't they know that Chris comes with the license?  I worked at WLAM/WKZS in
1986 and Chris was there then and has been there ever since.

Not to single anyone out, but there are a couple of regulars on WTHT that I
would have shown the door before Chris.  He could have slid into country
without any trouble.

Newsradio WMTW was a bad idea all around.  I also feel bad for the people,
but they had to see that one coming.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine