Nassau comes to town

Chuck Igo chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Tue Apr 6 18:31:32 EDT 2004

Of the Spring Cleaning on Congress St in Portland, Dan wrote:
>>(snip)
Country WTHT has moved from 107.5 to 99.9.  An announcement of the move
is running over and over on 107.5 with the WTHT audio running in the
background.<<

And over at NewsTalk 870 AM, it's a heartbeat.  Hot buzz is Classic Hits
at 107.5, and the new Air America Network on 870.

Too bad about the firings.  Always affects some really nice people.  I'm
not sure who got let go.  My thoughts are with two pros, 870's Dick
Gosselin (former WCSH-TV anchor/reporter, WMTW-TV reporter, WCVB-TV
reporter and host of "So You Think You Know Maine" on Me.Public TV) and
longtime 99.9 voice Chris Lane.  Hopefully Nassau has found a spot for
those two.  If not, I hope that one of the other market stations will
make use their seasoned, honed talents.

- -Chuck (I thought Nassau was in the Bahamas) Igo