WCRB-FM Stereo

Hakim Madjid hmadjid@yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 12:07:51 EST 2003

--- Brian Vita <brian_vita@cssinc.com> wrote:

> If the channel phasing didn't get screwed up
> somewhere in the audio or RF
> chain, there's no reason that it wouldn't work.

Yea that's right, I neglected to put that qualifier in
my orignal post. Provided that the FM station's
engineering wasn't totally flakey as regards to
phasing it would work.

> FWIW, the
> CBS/Columbia/Sansui system is also the basis for
> analog stereo in cinema.

Yea that too. I have mentioned this several times on
this list, that after quadraphonic went down the
toilet, Dolby labs, in the late 70s bought the patents
to SQ.

I thought it kind of funny when Dolby revived the
techonlogy, although with some refinements.

One small point, IIRC, Sansui had very little to do
with the development of the SQ quadraphonic matrix
besides being a licensee. SQ was developed by Electro
Voice and CBS labs - of course this was so far back I
may be getting my history confused.

=====
73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)