WCRB-FM Stereo

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Mon Nov 24 06:18:43 EST 2003

> What I understood - I could be wrong - veteran
> broadcast engineers are welcome to comment - is that
> the quad matrix systems back then such as the CBS /
> Columbia records SQ system, you could just broadcast
> an encoded Lp, it wouldn't require any special
> equipment on at the station - listeners could just
> decode it with their SQ enabled equipment.

If the channel phasing didn't get screwed up somewhere in the audio or RF
chain, there's no reason that it wouldn't work.  FWIW, the
CBS/Columbia/Sansui system is also the basis for analog stereo in cinema.

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St. - Ste 4
Peabody, MA  01960-5626 USA
Sales: (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
Bus Ofc +1-978-538-7575/Business Ofc Fax +1-978-538-7550
www.cssinc.com