WAAF Worcest..errr... Westborough!

Nostaticatall nostaticatall@comcast.net
Mon Nov 24 09:05:26 EST 2003

One would think.  But check this out...on the east end of Long Island,
two stations owned by Jarad Broadcasting (WDRE and WXXP) were recently
flagged for having their antennas 30-50 feet higher than authorized by
the FCC.  Obviously the engineer that climbed up the tower and moved the
antennas up knew that it was breaking FCC regulations.  He probably
figured, "heck it's their license and they're paying me, so what's the
difference?" In my experience, nearly all engineers and Operations
managers play by the rules.  Goofy decisions start happening when you
get absentee owners and GM's involved......

Mike Thomas