WAAF Worcest..errr... Westborough!

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Fri Nov 21 09:45:16 EST 2003

Tom Giarrosso writes:
It's
> management that
> usually decide - 'let's run ay 105%, since that's in the
> tolerance levels -
> then it's 'maybe we can put it up to 110% and no one will
> notice while the
> book is out'.

As cynical as I am these days, I still have a difficult time believing that
engineers privy to "management" even so much as putting their paws even near the
rack wouldn't intervene. The chief operator still has his/her license riding on
good faith efforts to remain within normal limits, tolerances and standards.
Even with deregulation and techs with beepers covering dozens of signals, some
things have to have remained intact.  ....Right?

Bill O'Neill