Liberal talk network sold to new investors

tony schinella radiotony@comcast.net
Thu Nov 20 08:55:11 EST 2003

What I think is hilarious about this is that the guy basically paid for
nothing.
The network doesn't exist! According to their site, AnShell has no talk
hosts,
no radio programming, no affiliates, no launch date, essentially, no
network.
Sure, they have a handful of Democratic activists on the board of directors
and
there are some press clippings about the couple promoting the creation of
the
network but there is essentially no network!
In the article from the Chicago Tribune, which I posted on my blog, Walsh
said
the network would be more "centrist" than originally planned. Great,
however,
we already have that - it's called NPR!
Michael Harrison of Talkers magazine was quoted as saying "I've never seen
anything that doesn't exist get so much press." Neither have I. The whole
thing
stinks of a bait and flip, with a whole lot of people out here in radio land
waiting
for some competition on the airwaves.

Best,
Tony Schinella