WAAF Worcest..errr... Westborough!

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Thu Nov 20 08:32:43 EST 2003

Roy Lawrence wrote:
>That's interesting since A *very* real rock station
>WHEB was pulling a 12+ in the ratings back then,
>actually beating WOKQ. Listeners had a choice of WCYY
>94.3 (Biddeford/Portland) or WBCN 104.1 (Boston) if
>they wanted a choice.

I don't know the time period Mike Thomas was referring to, but back in the
80s WHEB was fairly wimpy as AORs go, almost more of a rock 40 than a true
AOR, certainly not a headbanger like WAAF.  As I recall WERZ was beating
them rather handily during that period.  I'm not an especially big hard
rock fan so I'm not familiar with what they're doing today.