Cable FM Reception

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Mon Nov 17 22:15:10 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fitzpatrick, Mike" <engineer@the-spa.com>
To: "Matthew Osborne" <mattosborne1976@yahoo.com>; "Peter Q. George"
<radiojunkie3@yahoo.com>; <Boston-Radio-Interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: Cable FM Reception

> Sure do, if your cable system is Adelphia or Comcast, it is because
instead
> of listening to "cost effective" FM on the cable, they would rather have
you
> buy their Digital Music Choice package.

On my system, Digital Music is free with the Digital Cable package.  It also
offers much more variety than would be provided by pulling in distant FM
signals -- most of which play the same 12 songs that I can hear on the local
stations.

A friend of mine worked at WWMR in the mid-1980's.  Living in Rumford was
hell, but the local cable system had a reciever up on a mountain and fed FM
radio through their system.  The system provided almost every FM signal of
any strength from Bangor to southern New Hampshire.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine