Today's LTAR: Liberal network

Aaron Read aread@speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 11 12:26:40 EST 2003

At 12:25 AM 11/11/2003, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>An alternative might be to get a slot on a station like WMBR, which will
>sometimes put
>members of the community on the air, especially in summer, when students
>are away.  But
>I'm not sure that would translate as well to a regular commercial gig.
>
>Either way, you'd have to do some promotion to develop a following.
>--
>A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                           617.367.0468

WMBR - last I checked - has an unofficial moratorium on new community
members as they're trying to get more students involved.  That may not
apply to summers.

WZBC does not have any official policy but I know they're trying to get
more students on the air, too, so it'd have to be a good show and Donna
would have to be willing to take an oh-dark-thirty slot (like 4 or 5am) on
a weekend to get a space.

There are regular talk shows at WBRS; every weeknight at 12 midnight to 1
or 2am.  WBRS is also one of the few college stations with a full call-in
talk show telephone infrastructure.  Of course, it's a pretty tiny signal, too.