NH, VT Public Radio applaud $200 million gift from

Hakim Madjid hmadjid@yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 12:18:05 EST 2003

>Jeez, Brian...people have been smacked down by the
>facts on public
>radio funding vs. corporate welfare so many times
>I'd think you all
>would've have learned by now.

As I pointed out a couple of months back on another
on-line forum devoted to Boston Radio, the funding
that Public Broadcasting receives from the Federal
Government (roughly $380 million according to CPB's
2002 annual report) is but a fly speck in the context
of  total US government expenditures of 2 trillion
dollars.

To explain it another way, that $380 million in CPB
funding is an amount that would barely keep the
Federal government running for about an hour and 45
minutes.

IMHO even the most fiscally conservative must agree,
that this is a really minor expenditure.