WBOQ changes to 60s/70s AC/oldies

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Thu Dec 25 10:45:32 EST 2003

  Steve Ordinetz wrote:

> BTW, who has djs that "ramble on and on" these days?  Most radio
> boards seem to have more complaints about liner card jocks.

   Paul Sidney, who I believe is the GM of WLNG (92.1 Sag Harbor NY)
does a lot of remotes on the station. WLNG does remotes most every weekend,
sometimes during the week as well, from business, carnivals, Holiday
festivals, parades, even volunteer fire department pancake breakfasts!! When
Paul Sidney himself is the jock doing the remote, he just goes on and on,
talking sometimes up to 5 minutes at a time. From time to time he'll even
fade a song early to start rambling on and on, and I've even heard him talk
over some of WLNG's hundreds of jingles for all occasions!! I don't believe
WLNG has any liner cards, and their playlist still reaches back to the 50's
and yes they still play a current every now & then, all in mono with extra
reverb added for your listening pleasure!!

  Moving slightly off topic for a second:  Best Wishes for Happy Holidays to
all on the list and your families.

Mark Watson