WBOQ changes to 60s/70s AC/oldies

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 11:01:21 EST 2003

--- SteveOrdinetz <steveord@bit-net.com> wrote:

> I can't off hand think
> of a single station with a wide, deep playlist that
> attracts a bigger
> audience than a similarly formatted competitor that
> sticks to the
> hits.  Radio geeks are not typical listeners
> (beleive it or not!).

Yup, guess so! :)

> BTW, who has djs that "ramble on and on" these days?
>  Most radio boards
> seem to have more complaints about liner card jocks.

There are some; on college radio, or on some
commercial stations...but maybe the "long ad breaks"
is more of a complaint for me. Often once you hear
the DJ come on, you know it'll be several minutes
before the music starts again (on comm. stations)
so some, like me, turn away to see what else is on...

Of course on the subject of rambling DJs, yes,
stations that force them to just read from those
liner cards can be just as bad. The radio equivalent
of a form-letter...