New England Cable News

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psu.edu
Sat Dec 20 11:03:23 EST 2003

I'm getting my first extended exposure to New England Cable News in a
long time, and the first since CN8 came to the area last year.

The programming is looking more and more magazine-like, like what CN8
would put on its Mid-Atlantic channel. At this point I see no true
purpose for NECN, especially since Comcast owns half of it. I think some
people on this very list speculated NECN might not have much of a future
once Comcast rolled into town and I'm tending to agree with them.

Now I'm wondering how long it is before Comcast approaches Charles Dolan
and offers to flip Fox Sports New England into Comcast Sports Net Boston
-- or just kills off NECN, swipes away Celtics rights and does in Fox
Sports Net that way.