WMTW-TV on the block

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Fri Dec 19 18:58:52 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Osborne" <mattosborne1976@yahoo.com>
To: "Chris Beckwith" <beckwith@ime.net>;
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: WMTW-TV on the block

>     As much as I hate to say this, its probably
> another argument supporting Dan Billings' reasoning
> that having large corporate ownership of a media
> outlet may actually be better than local mom and pop
> ownership.

Hey!  You stole my thunder.  ;-)

My actual position is that some corporate operators run quality operations,
some do not.  Some small or local owners ran quality operations, some did
not.  I just don't buy the argument that smaller or local is always better.

I worked for some of the cheapest, penny pinching "family owned" companies
back in the good old days.  The only corporate operator that I worked for
(Saga) was a decent company to work for, though the bottom line is their
priority and they did fire me once about 10 years ago.  (No hard feelings.
Right, Chuck?)

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine