WMTW-TV on the block

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Fri Dec 19 18:28:56 EST 2003

  Matthew Osborne wrote:

>     As much as I hate to say this, its probably
>another argument supporting Dan Billings' reasoning
>that having large corporate ownership of a media
>outlet may actually be better than local mom and pop
>ownership.

That was certainly true for WMUR-TV in Manchester.  Hokey, really bad small
market tv until sometime in the 80s when a chain bought them.  I don't
think Hearst was the one who finally brought Channel 9 out of the dark
ages.  I remember in the mid 70s they used a sleeve from a Mercury 45 rpm
record with their logo on it as the ID slide.