American Top 40 Theme

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Wed Dec 10 17:26:26 EST 2003

Gary Ford wrote...

> Casey will be missed tremendously.  Ryan, the new host has already
> subbed a few times in the last year.  I was hoping it would be Ed McMann
> from Kiss 108 taking over as he has guest-hosted quite a bit.

I'm frankly surprised Casey hadn't stepped down sooner.  CHR is very
different today than it was in 1970 when the show debuted, yet he's still
doing the exact same schtik.  While there is no disputing his contribution
to the art, it's time for a hipper-sounding AT40 with someone who can at
least remember when he was in the format's demo.  Leno took over from
Johnny and made the Tonight Show his...hopefully this new host can do the
same with AT40.  I wonder how many stations AT40 would even still be on
had CC not more or less decreed that all their CHRs carry it.