American Top 40 Theme

Nostaticatall nostaticatall@comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 15:13:08 EST 2003

Actually, most Clear Channel CHR's have been carrying Rick Dees' show,
not AT40.  Both shows are distributed by Premiere Radio Networks, owned
by CC. Last I heard, AT40 only had 75-80 affiliates here in the states.
 Many of these affiliates are smaller market, non-CC owned stations
along with some heritage CHR's owned by CC such as Kiss 108 and
Z-100/New York.  I would think at this point the Hot AC and AC versions
of the show (AT20) have more affiliates than AT40.

Ultimately, the big loser here could be Rick Dees.  I'd suspect that
nearly all of the Clear Channel CHR's will switch over to AT40 with
Seacrest.  Some stations like KIIS/LA will run both shows, but I would
not be too suprised if Dees loses a lot of affiliates as a result of
this new show.

Mike Thomas