got weather?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Dec 6 21:24:22 EST 2003

So, it's about 9 pm and I wanted to get the latest weather report-- I mean,
it's snowing like crazy out there, and I wanted to know what the situation
is with this storm-- I had gone to the internet and looked at the various
maps and an older NECN report from a couple of hours ago, but was curious
as to what local radio was doing.  WTKK 96.9 Talk evidently wasn't talking
about weather-- they did their usual CNN national news, and then went right
into a show about mortgages (I was only half listening-- seemed like some
business kind of show); WBZ, the place I usually go for news and weather,
had a Bruins game.  In fact, many of the places I went as I scanned the
dial didn't seem to have live humans on the air, or they had a regularly
scheduled show that was syndicated.  Okay fine, this isn't the Blizzard of
78, but I was just curious about what happens when people need information
on a weekend night and hope they can find it on radio.