Fwd: Re: V-Soft Anomalies

>DATE: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:19:13
>From: "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
>To: "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@lycos.com>

>There can be considerable variations in signal >strength as you move around a
>Zip code. I suspect that the V-soft numbers are based >on the signal strength
>at each Zip code's population centroid, except for >Zip codes that are listed
>as PO Box only; the signal strengths for those are >probably for the post
>office where the boxes are located.

>The WEZE numbers are high everywhere I've looked, but >I consider them
>believable, although I have not tried to do a sanity >check based on the
>official soil-conductivity maps and the pattern. My >Zip, 02476, is pretty
>nearly due west of WEZE. WEZE's equivalent power to >the west is about 300W.

>Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
>eFax 707-215-6367

This inspires a burst from my rapidly-declining memory bank:
several years ago a friend of mine got married, and shortly
thereafter moved to Ahlington.  AM 590 was WEEI then, a talk station
with CBS news on the hour.  As I was driving to his housewarming,
I had WEEI on and noticed it started to sound like a SW station
as I neared his house.  Right in front, WEEI was almost inlistenable.  I assume some kind of signal strength
device might DISPLAY a usable signal, buy if John
wanted to hear WEEI, he probably had to find a room that
wasn't in the deepest null...I forgot to ask.

Laurence Glavin

Enter for a chance to win one year's supply of allergy relief!
http://r.hotbot.com/r/lmt_clrtn/http://mocda3.com/1/c/563632/125699/307982/307982