Re: Rush "resigns" from ESPN

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
To: "'Dan Billings'" <billings@suscom-maine.net>; "'Bob Nelson'"
<raccoonradio@yahoo.com>; <petef@sprynet.com>;
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 7:45 PM
Subject: RE: Rush "resigns" from ESPN

> His "I have to see what this all means" approach today was disquieting.  I
> understand that he is, likely, under close counsel oversight, if he's
smart.
> That means he's gagged by his team from feeding the beast any further.  If
the
> alleged audio tapes of him are released to the world, oh, waiter......

I can't see the downside legally of denying the charges if they are not
true.  He obviously should not get into details but if he never bought
prescription drugs illegally, I can't see any harm in saying just that.  I
can only conclude from his remarks that there must be something to the
story.

On the other hand, I can't see how someone could do a three hour political
talk show five days a week with a serious drug problem.

> Howie Carr's callers were bringing up reflective considerations - how long
has
> he been jonesing, what else don't we know about him, has he been a sham
all
> along, .....  Rush may be rounding third on this.  Makes me wonder about
that
> $250M contract with Premier through 2008 and what's left in there for him
after
> the defecation obstructs the rotary oscillator.

I can't imagine that Rush's contract doesn't have some kind of clause that
would allow Premier to dump him if he is convicted of a crime.  My guess is
that teh $250 million figure is tied to the amount of income that shows
produces.  They would never commit to giving him that kind of money even if
the show tanked.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine