RE: Concept advertising (was Re: Non-competes)

<<On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:02:45 -0400, Aaron Read <aread@speakeasy.net> said:

> Last time I checked, only a licensed MD can legally write
> prescriptions.  That's part of the major power an MD has.

However, in large practices, PAs and NPs do make prescriptions, which
the MD supervising the practice then rubber-stamps.  The MD is
considered legally to have written the prescription (since it's their
signature and DEA number on the script), but may be only remotely
involved in the actual prescribing.  (That was my experience at
Harvard Vanguard, anyway.)

-GAWollman