Re: Changes at WFNX?

At 08:44 PM 9/17/2003, Sean Smyth wrote:
>Scuttlebutt on the Boston message board at Radio-Info.com has rumors flying
>about the future of 101.7/101.3, everything from some form of a hip-hop
>format to a liberal hot talker to Joe Gallant's rather unreliable "WFNX will
>flip to Spanish tomorrow morning" mantra.

I stopped listening to anything said about WFNX on radio-info.com a long
time ago.  The posters there seem to have a collective grudge against FNX
and are continually speculating about how badly it sucks and why it won't
go away.

Personally, I respect WFNX a little bit for at least being a fairly
independent radio station.   However, they annoy me far more because they
treat their staff like crap with lousy hours, no respect and low
wages.  I'm told this is equally true on the Phoenix side as well.

Plus their programming really isn't very good.  It's like the worst aspects
of college radio, but with commercials.  I suppose someone should try and
keep WBCN honest, but WFNX ain't gonna be it.   Now if WFNX had the guts to
really go "college radio" in their music selection, they could own that
market around here.  The listenership WMBR, WERS and WZBC draw are a
testimony to that.