Uncle Dale's First Day

Well, it started off with a bang.  Slam
from overnight guy's last song into a
Four Tops number.  No jingle, no talkoer.
At the end of the song - audio dropped and
Dale said, "Well, first day on the job and I'm already in trouble."

Rough beginning, but by the end of the show, things were humming along.  Phone-ins from Romney, Menino and Balsbaugh - who said "nobody in Boston is doing great radio now - now's your chance, Dale"  Also phone-ins from his daughter, his new wife (who slammed Romney), Barry (w/o Elliot), Dennis Leary, Lenny Clark, Bob Lobel and a bunch of other people I don't recall.

Oh, yes - he admitted he screwed up taping the first WX forecast from Barry Burbank.

Talk ups were pretty much dead-on.  He said "at
last - music I know"

All-in-all - not bad - just a few jitters.  Once
he learns the controls, watch out.

I hope they add bits or something.  Dale expressed being nervous and new, then said "That excuse is gonna get old real quick!"

Anybody catch the competition for sly references?