RE: WNEW changes again...

Matthew writes:
 The demographics in the NY
> metropolitan area, to the best of my knowledge, just
> aren't right for country to really succeed.

It will all have to do with how the format is presented and to what degree the
music is supported by the country music industry.  If the top acts can make a go
of it in the city (Garth in the park, etc.) then there would be some hope.  Such
presence could bring some needed credibility to a format that many see as
paradoxical to a metro setting like NYC.

Bill O'Neill