Re: WNEW changes again...

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:13:02 Kevin Vahey
<kvahey@tmail.com> wrote:

> Blink was god awful
>
> Why Infinity doesn't flip to country atounds me,
> they would become a top
> 10 signal in one book. Never #1 but a nice solid and
> loyal audience.

    Although I only actually got to listen to Blink a
couple times (I live outisde of their listening area),
I was never impressed with what I did hear, and the
whole format they were trying seemed to be a total
sham.
    I've said this before and I'll say it again -- I'm
not sure how good a move country would be for 102.7
In light of their Blink ratings, it would likely be an
improvement, but I don't think a country station in
NYC will ever pull decent ratings, and nowhere near
top 10 ratings.  The demographics in the NY
metropolitan area, to the best of my knowledge, just
aren't right for country to really succeed.  And also
remember that the most recent 2 attempts at country
radio in NYC were failures (WYNY on 103.5, and then
the Y-107 multicast).  Now each of those stories have
their own unique circumstances as to why they failed,
but even when 103.5 was still playing country, I don't
think they ever had a book where they rated in the top
10; I seem to recall that they always used to be near
the bottom.

                            Matt Osborne
                            Poughkeepsie, NY