Bob Ryan on WEEI...on Sox game

I just put on the Red Sox pre-game show on WEEI and
during the Inside Pitch segment they were talking to
Bob Ryan of the Globe. I thought, wait a minute--
didn't El Globo ban all Globe employees from being on
WEEI, or vice versa?

Then I figured, well, the Red Sox game is probably an
exception--and since the parent company of the Globe,
the NY Times, is part owner of the Sox, maybe the Sox
kinda convinced 'EEI to let them put their reporter on
the Red Sox Radio Network.

So, Ryan can be on 'EEI I guess, as long as it's on a
Sox game. I was thinking about that on July 4 as I
drove around the Burlington, VT area; the Sox were
on WJOY 1230 and the Yanks, whom they were playing,
were on WVMT 620. I put on the Yanks network for a
moment and heard them interviewing Bob Ryan and I
thought, "well, you won't hear a Globe reporter on the
Sox network because of WEEI".

But now you can. (And I just put on my TV and they
were talking to Bob Ryan as well, on Sox-owned NESN.
His "mike flag" said The Boston Globe, not
NESN. I think the Globe is actually in charge of doing
the pre- and post-game programming on NESN...