Re: Was Ch4 logo, now "Who has the oldest TV"

At 04:50 PM 9/8/2003, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:
>(Until July 1970 when my brother and I went 50/50 on a Panasonic 9"
>with...hold your breath...UHF....WOW! I never knew there was a Ch 27 or 44
>until then)!
>
>Paul Hopfgarten
>East Derry NH 03041
>paul@03038.com

My parents still have a B&W 11" TV in the kitchen that we got when I was
about 6...so that'd make it 21 years old.  I have a TV in my basement
lounge that has a date stamp of October 1970...still works, too.

But both are UHF/VHF.  I think my grandfather used to have a VHF-only set
when I was a little kid but I don't remember for sure.

I do remember that I was the last kid in my grade at school to get cable TV
at our house.  Suddenly WOW - more than four channels!! Although the irony
was that we got better pictures from off-air reception of WSBK 38 from
Boston than we did from the cable company's channel.  Go figure.  This was
in Mystic, CT...Storer Cable at the time.