Warren Zevon dies at 56

Expect more than a bit of the Exciteble Boy on Boston
radio today; Warren Zevon has succumbed to lung cancer
at 56. Probably a few more spins of "Werewolves of
London", "The Envoy", "Lawyers, Guns, and Money", and
maybe even some cuts from the album he rushed to put
out (one last album) right after finding out he was
terminal. I guess he started out with the Everly Bros.
band, and wrote songs for other artists like "Outside
Chance" (The Turtles) and "Poor Poor Pitiful Me"
(Linda Rondstadt).

"Sweet Home Alabama
Play that dead band's song
Crank the speakers up full blast
Play it all night long"

Perhaps Howie Carr will do a death pool (someone did
have WZ in the last one).

Zevon once sang of being way too busy in his life--
"I'll Sleep When I'm Dead". Pleasant dreams, Warren...