Weather guys and gals

How many of the weather people we see on TV are truly meteorologists? And
how many are not? When growing up and being spoonfed Channel 5's newscasts,
I got so used to seeing the little 'ams' logo next to Dick Albert's name
(does he look old now or what?) that I presumed all TV weatherpersons were
meteorologists.

But lately I've been listening to radio weather reports from TV newscasters
where some of the weather folks toss in the meteorologist tag before their
name, and others don't. It's just made me curious ...

---