Re: RIP Ken Coleman

Aaron wrote:
> At 12:33 PM 8/21/2003, Bob Nelson wrote:
> >I think Ken also did B.U. football (right before that
> >athletic program
> >was discontinued) on WBUR.
>
> WBUR stopped carrying BU football games at least a few years before the
> football program was cut in 1997 (my senior gear...grrrr)
>
> I believe it was either on WROL or WCRN that carried the BU football
> coverage.  And, of course, WTBU provided their own coverage and commentary
> as well.

I don't remember Ken ever doing BU football. He did Harvard games for a few
years for Kelly Sports, when Harvard games were on 1150, in the early- to
mid-1990s.

After WBUR dropped BU football broadcasts they were on 1510 in its
pre-sports WNRB days, with Rich Levine and Bernie Corbett announcing. (1510
didn't go sports until late 1997, IIRC.)

---